[Actiwisdom] Fwd: Re: Enquiry. Halake

Sara Zavaree sarazava at gmx.net
So Jun 16 22:14:33 CEST 2013

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	Re: Enquiry.
Datum: 	Sun, 16 Jun 2013 12:31:59 -0700 (PDT)
Von: 	Halake Guyo Rendilicha <halakeguyorendilicha at yahoo.com>
Antwort an: 	Halake Guyo Rendilicha <halakeguyorendilicha at yahoo.com>
An: 	sarazava at gmx.net <sarazava at gmx.net>

Halo Sara;

This reply is on the issues you requested me to inform you;
PERSONAL BACKGROUND
Halake Guyo was born on 12th of November 1989 to Mr and Late Mrs. Halake
Rendilicha (peasant Pastoralists) in Moyale, a town along Kenyan
Ethiopian border in the Nothern parts of Kenya.

I began my primary education in 1997 at Mado Primary School, Sololo
village Moyale district before proceeding to Kangundo High School in
Eastern parts of Kenya for my secondary education after which in the
year 2009 i joined Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and
Technology(JKUAT) to persue Bachelor of science in Soil, Water and
Envvironmental Engineering.

I am the last born in a family of five of 2 sisters and 2 brothers. I'm
from the Borana Community which do not value girl child education and
this is the reason my elder sisters were not able to attain basic
education, as they were married off early. My elder brothers, however,
were able to attain their basic education and proceed for O levels.
Political Background

I have held several leadership positions from my primary education,
secondary level. Most of these positions were appointive by school
administration, but at since joining university i have held elective
positions in several clubs. My turning point was i 2010 when i was
elected to be the secretary general for the Red Cross JKUAT chapter,
during my tenure i was able mobilize more students to register into the
club and attend several trainings and activities.
This success encouraged me to contest for the JKUAT Students
Organizations (JKUSO) Secretary general's post in the year 2011, which i
lost to my opponent.  The loss did not bring down my spirits and
conviction on inclusive, interactive and servant management of student
leadership.I believed in every competitive process their could be either
outcomes. I had to be strong and be able to mobilize my resources to
compete another time.
In 2012 i successfully contested  for JKUSO chairmanship position.
Within the 8 months i have held this position i have been able to
organize Interactive forums between the University Students with the
administration. My other achievement is being able to work with the
university in improvement of service delivery to students, organizing
fundraising and bursary kitty for needy and poor students, d Career
guidance, improvement and management of University accommodation
services and review of pro-students fee payment policy.
Motivation to participate in the exchange program
I'm looking forward to be able to participate in this program to be
exposed to several challenges other students across the world face and
approaches given provide solutions to these challenges.
It would also be important to understand which of these solutions can be
easily domesticated.
Phone Number:+254710953283
Passport Photo: I currently have passport, but it has expired which
requires renewal to conform with requirements of the Kenyan Immigration
procedures.
Looking forward to give more details when called upon

Regards