[Actiwisdom] who-is-who Kathy

banange at immerda.ch banange at immerda.ch
Fr Jun 21 21:45:33 CEST 2013

even me, I tried... uff, war echt nicht einfach.

Name: Kathy Kohlbrenner
Age: 26

Personal Background:
I m grew up in a little village in South Germany, close to the
Swizzerland border.
After school, I took two years travelling (mostly in East- and
West-african countries) and organizing political actions before I
decided to study in 2008. Since then I live in Freiburg, which is
small city with (somehow) a lot of political activism in South Germany.
I finished studies in 2012 and since then I keep on running up and
down for several projects in Freiburg and Berlin.

Political Background:
I m involved in different projects. In Freiburg I m part of a cooking
collective which supplies political struggles with food. We cook for
big demonstrations or tiny political camps within Germany and
Swizzerland. The idea is that everyone who s doing political work
shall have access to proper food. We serve the food by donations, so
that its not up to a persons financial background if he/she can eat or
not.
In Freiburg I m as well involved in a radio project. We have one
broadcast every month when we discuss different issues about the
rights of refugees and their political struggles in Germany and the
whole world. We claim the right to stay for everyone.
Besides that I m member of a network wich offers
anti-discrimination-workshops in schools. The idea is to inform pupils
early about the structures of discrimination so that they know about
it and (if they want) can get activ against it.
In Berlin I m as well involed in anti-racist-activism.
I m not member of a formal group or assoziation.

Motivation to take part at this project:
I m interested in the project because I know that my perspective on
political activism and struggle is a very limited one - since it takes
part in a western europe context. I m eager to exchange ideas about
political action and to get to know more about political struggle in
Kenya.