[Actiwisdom] Fwd: Re: Important! activist exchange

barbara at derknut.org barbara at derknut.org
Mi Jun 12 17:06:24 CEST 2013

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: Important! activist exchange
Datum: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 18:10:50 +0300
Von: Wangui Mbatia <infokengo at gmail.com>
An: barbara at derknut.org <barbara at derknut.org>

Barbara,

Hi. Yes, it is possible for the students to get the passports and visas in
good time for September. There is ample time if everyone gets organized
fast.

I spoke with Zack and he says that he sent names yesterday; I don't have
the names of the students, I thought it was better for the students to make
the choices themselves and then we can support them.

I have a broad concept of the exchange and it is possible to get funds.
Working with the students here we can see a few donors, including HBS, GIZ,
etc and see how far that takes us. We do need an idea of what the budget
is, though. We can get things like tickets easier than accommodation but we
need to get started. I will work on the funding proposals with the
students' bodies and am sure that we can get some funds.

As it is, there is now need for somewhat "formal" communication between the
students' organizations and your organization that would form the basis of
our proposal. Can you email an invitation for the three weeks with
indication that you can only raise funds for accommodation so that we try
and raise funds for tickets and insurance. That way we may yet have help
from others.

Time is of the essence.

Thanks,

Wangui